(copied from my plot blog)
- Okay so basically Kala grew up in India and lived there until she was fourteen. Her father had gotten an awesome job as a surgeon at a hospital in Barfield, so the fam packed their bags and moved. Kala’s mom soon got a job as a receptionist at some place in Lebeaux.
- Kala has a two younger brothers and a younger sister. She’s the eldest child.
- Kala attended HGS and then BIST. At BIST, she graduated with a degree in engineering. She soon obtained a job as an engineer in Barfield at the age of twenty-three.She worked there for two years before she realized just how much she hated her career. She had never really wanted to be an engineer, but her parents insisted and told her it was her best option.
- During the summer when she was twenty-five, she went to the police academy and graduated after a couple of months. She then became an officer at Barfield.
- Her parents didn’t approve much of her career change. She went from having a job with tons of money to one that made way less. She moved into a tiny little apartment and couldn’t afford the same things as before. Still, money wasn’t important to her as she wanted to enjoy her job.
- When she was about thirty, Kala moved up the ranks from Officer to Detective.
- She’s currently working on becoming Sergeant Kala Sahota, but her chances are looking kind of grim thanks to another detective who is just as good as she is. Her dream though is to one day be Chief Sahota of Barfield.